Call to Artists: Get Ready for the Famous 8×8 Show in February/March
By Chris Seale
Artists, adults and children, are invited to submit their work to the Brownsville Art Association’s most popular event of the year: the 8×8 Show in February-March. The challenge is to create a work of art no bigger than 8”x8”, including frame. Or 8”x8”x8” if the work is 3D. Here are the rules:
- Art work must be ready to hang with a wire across the back (no Alligator hangers), or if 3D ready to display on shelves or stands.
- Any medium will be accepted, but it must conform to the 8×8 format.
- All pieces must be priced to sell, including children’s art.
- Deliver your work to the Brownsville Art Center, 255 Main Street, next to Brownsville City Hall from Thursday, January 26 through Saturday, January 28 from 10am-5pm.
- Entry forms are available at the Art Center during Open Hours (Thursdays-Saturdays 10-5) or online at: brownsvilleart.org
- 8×8 canvases and gesso panels are available for $5 at the Art Center or supply your own 8×8 support.
Don’t miss the Valentine’s Reception and Art Sale on Saturday, February 11 from 7:00pm-9:00pm. It’s a great time to buy your special Valentine a unique and original gift while enjoying chocolate treats, snacks, and warm beverages.
For more information on the 8×8 Show and the Reception, call/text Chris Seale at 541.570,5649 or email: email@example.com.